Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To the Moon

NASA is recruiting the next generation of astronauts, to service the ISS and establish and staff our future moon base. Y'all have till July 1 to apply.

  1. The salary range is $59,493.00 to $130,257.00 per year

  2. "The open positions require extensive travel on Earth and in space. Possible destinations may include, but are not limited to, Texas, Florida, California, Russia, Kazakhstan, the International Space Station and the moon."

  3. All positions require mandatory drug tests

  4. Women, minorities, and teachers are specifically encouraged to apply

  5. The positions are only open to U.S. citizens

  6. Applicants must be between 62 and 75 inches tall to fit in Soyuz space capsules

  7. Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree in specific math and science fields, as well as 3 years of experience in the workplace

  8. New NASA employees receive 13 days of paid vacation per year, plus 10 federal holidays

  9. Most NASA facilities have free parking

You want that free parking, don'tcha? Get cracking and apply!

4 Comments:

Blogger Synova said...

I'm too short!

One of these days I'm going to include background in a story that only really *really* short people get to be astronauts.

Because we use less air.

;-)

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics."

The devil is in the details. For instance, I happen to know from personal experience that despite what one might think, physics does not count as a "physical science".

-Captain Button

8:09 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I once read a survey that suggested that the best physical specimens for becoming fighter pilots were overweight women. They could handle the G-stresses much better than the young jocks they use now.

It would be interesting to speculate on the political and social changes necessary for the Air Force to begin recruiting in that category.

2:53 PM  
Blogger David said...

I worked at NASA in Houston years ago, but on the ground. The climate is ghastly.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a spaceman. Now I'm too old and possibly too smart. Still, I find myself wondering if I'd get vacation credit for my 8 years total Civil Service. Think of all that vacation! (I often do.)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home