Monday, November 20, 2006

Self-Published--- At Last!


After nearly thirty years as a full-time writer, I've finally become self-published!

For my amusement, and that of my friends, I've put together the Walter Jon Williams/Kathy Hedges Calendar for 2007, featuring photos taken during our journey to Turkey in March and April.

It's full-color, 13.5 inches by 19.00 inches, features a complete list of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican holidays, and is in all respects a proper calendar. And it's got really pretty pictures!

Devoted as I am to art rather than profit, I make absolutely no money on this. I just did it for giggles.

But since you've got to buy a calendar anyway, you might as well buy this one. Right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walter:

This looks amazingly like the Pajarito Plateau, or Georgia O'Keeffe's "white place" (near the mosque) in the Chama River country. Not surprisingly, since the geology is similar.

Nice photo. I suppose you were in a balloon, too?

Cheers -- Pete Tillman

9:58 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I was indeed in a balloon, and I took something like 100 fantastic photos of hoodoo spires and troglodyte castles, of which I've culled the best for the calendar.

I had no idea there was a mosque in the Chama River country. Who does it serve, I wonder?

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quite a lovely building, designed by a famous Egyptian architect:
http://www.digitalabiquiu.com/pages/tours/daralIslam_t.html

I've never been inside -- apparently you need reservations.

And if you've never been to the White Place -- well, you should. Very cool place:
http://www.happyshadows.com/okeeffe/Images/The_White_Place_in_the_Shadow-1942.jpg
http://www.greatmystery.org/images/abiquiu.jpg

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home