Saturday, March 24, 2007

Who Knew?

So I have now discovered a previously unknown demographic: that strange and heretofore occult overlap between the fans of science fiction and professional ice hockey.

Yes, my signing at the New Mexico Scorpions game was a success! (Or at least, a success in the category: previous signings with me in them, not taking place at an SF convention.) I sold enough books to pay for my gas, the fast food I purchased at the concessions stands, and had enough left over for a margarita or two.

Plus the game was fun. I haven't seen a live hockey game since I left Minnesota at the age of 13--- I mean, hockey in the desert, isn't that at least a little weird?--- so I'd forgotten how much action there is in hockey compared with other major sports. Never mind the home team got humiliated with an 8-3 loss. I had nothing at stake.

Do publishers know about this new demographic? Is there some way we can enlighten them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home