Sunday, July 22, 2007

Taos


Two teachers, one special lecturer, seventeen participants, two weeks, one mountain lodge. Thirty-four manuscripts, eight exercises, 1,800,000 ponderosa pines, one very active family of ground squirrels, and one hot tub.
I plan to have caught up on my sleep by 2012.
Connie was wonderful to work with, a complete joy. The participants were hard-working, generous with each other, and amazingly gifted. If we don't get some great fiction out of this experience, I will be knocked flat.
Thanks to everyone who participated. You were great. Especially the ones who drank the Pepsi when I told you to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. Speaking of which, you and Connie really built mine up. I can leap mountains in a single bound now.

Oz

5:27 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Taos Toolbox was a great experience. I enjoyed every second! My only regret is that I was working too hard to take full advantage of the hot tub.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Walter, it was seriously fantastic. Thank you so much. Like Kelly, I regret not owning the hot tub more, but everything else was stellar.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sign me up for next year please. err wait. Are you teaching it again?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The whole Taos experience was fantastic--the setting, the instructors (thank you, thank you), and the other amazingly creative participants. I didn't take much advantage of that hot tub, either, but I feel very honored to have been part of TT '07.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home