Monday, February 09, 2009

Hugo Pimping

You have a little less than two weeks to nominate me for a couple Hugo Awards, so it's time to get busy! We need to pull together for this to happen, but if we succeed in coordinating our efforts, my mantelpiece will have two shiny new rockets, a massive injustice will have been laid to rest, and you will have the satisfaction of a job well done!

You are eligible to vote if you were a member of last year's Denvention, or this year's Anticipation in Montreal. If you don't have a membership in either convention, then you'll have to get cracking and buy an Anticipation membership toot sweet!

Once you've got your membership, you can go to the Hugo page and download the appropriate forms, or vote online.

Here what to vote for.

Novel:

Implied Spaces, by Walter Jon Williams, Night Shade Press, July 2008.

Novelette:

"Pinocchio," by Walter Jon Williams, The Starry Rift, ed. Jonathan Strahan, Viking 2008.

You can nominate anything you like for the other categories, but if you nominate anything else for the novel and novelette categories, please make sure they're works that don't have a chance in hell of winning. Thank you!

I know I can count on you guys. We've been through a lot together, but I just know that if I can get a couple Hugos, all the wretchedness and misery and neglect will seem like a faraway dream.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Thai said...

I really loved your book, and I really would even give you 30 minutes of my time, but 30 minutes
AND $200???

Isn't there any other way?

4:43 PM  
Blogger Phiala said...

Thai, a $50 membership gets you voting rights, but not con attendance. Still a lot of beans, but there is no other way.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

At this point, you are at the mercy of those of us who can nominate, including yourself. Nomination memberships are closed. But yes, assuming that you bribe me to add you to my nominations (hint, hint), you will then need a bevy of voters.

Good luck and may the Force be with you, Skywalker.

5:50 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

Thai, I'm totally shocked that you don't think that my winning a Hugo isn't worth two hundred of your dollars.

What is the world coming to?

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home