Monday, January 11, 2010

Walter's First Contest


I've never run a contest before, but now that This Is Not a Game has appeared in paperback, I find myself in a generous mood.
As in years past, this year we produced a calendar for 2010, in this case featuring photos taken by me in Turkey and in France, including this one of the travertines at Pamukkale. The calendar includes holidays for Canada, the US, and Mexico, and also features notable dates such as Jules Verne's birthday, as well as my own (so you'll know when to send presents).
So here's what you need to do. Send me a photo of yourself along with your personal copy of the new mass-market paperback of This Is Not a Game. I'll put the photos in a hat (as it were), and the first two names drawn will receive copies of the calendar. Autographed, if you like.
Where do you send the photos? My email address is not hard to come by. It's a simple ARG-like puzzle, which should be easy to solve, and is appropriate to the subject matter of the book.
My favorite photos will also be published here, assuring your image instant immortality. And if you're immortal, you'll need a calendar in order to know what day it is. It's a win/win situation!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Ok, I'm in! First I must get the paperback, though. I already have the hardcover.

And you will not be surprised to hear that my shot will include cleavage. After all, it's traditional.

11:54 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

Totally looking forward to the c/l/e/a/v/a/g/e/ entry, Kelly!

7:24 PM  
Blogger tcastleb said...

Oooh. -plans trip to bookstore-

-checks camera batteries-

-plots photo op-

I'm a sucker for photo contests . . .bwa ha ha ha ha!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home