Friday, February 12, 2010

The Naked Reader

Here I thought I was off to Seattle, but I couldn't quite pass up informing you of an event on the other coast: the Pinchbottom Burlesque event, "Naked Girls Reading Science Fiction."

The event takes place at "the plush and decadent upstairs lounge at Madame X in Greenwich Village," and costs $25. Among the readers is Nasty Canasta, who has been known to dress up as a naughty version of both the fourth and tenth Doctors from Doctor Who.

And will they be reading any of my stuff, I wonder?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tim Haylock said...

Hmm, is this done by the "naked girls book club" blog? It sounds like their sort of thing, and they've done a feature on some of my photography in the past, as I occasionally take images of girls reading books, and they're quite often nude. :)

Feature here, I think: link

None, alas, have yet been reading one of your titles, but I'm sure I could arrange something! Any particular book of yours you'd like to see adorning a naked model? I'm pretty sure I own all of them. Maybe a copy of "The Crown Jewels" with the model wearing a mocked up Eltdown Shard... ;)

4:39 AM  
Blogger S.M. Stirling said...

And on the down side of nakedness, according to the NYT there's a warlord in Liberia known as "General Buck Naked", whose men (according to GBN) kill innocent children and drink their blood before a fight. One of them was also caught on video eating a human heart.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home