Thursday, May 27, 2010

Untergang

As have many of you, I've enjoyed the "Downfall Meme," in which a key scene of the 2004 film Der Untergang ("Downfall") is used to comment on issues of the day.

Alas, German movie dinosaur Constantin Film AG is now asserting ownership of these parodies--- which, it has to be said, vastly increased the popularity of their fine if depressing film--- and they are slowly being taken down wherever they are found.

There are still a few around, however, and here's one in which Hitler comments on the growing non-availability of Hitler parodies.



And, because Hitler just announced that he hates cats, and because I commented on Lost in my last update, I here present Lost Explained by Cats in 60 Seconds. Normally cute cat videos make me shudder in terror, but I found this one funny.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rebecca S. said...

That "farewell Downfall parodies" Downfall parody is brilliant. And sadly true.

Thanks for the link--I might've missed it.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home