Sunday, October 28, 2007
Me-Day has dawned.
Since it's now my birthday, and the whole day is entirely about me--- making it not unlike other days, actually--- it's only appropriate that I devise a test to discover if you guys are as wise as I am.
The following questions are devised in order to discover if your brain is as old and filled with trivia as mine. It's no fair looking this stuff up on Wikepedia, you just have to know.
1. The Flintstones were basically the cast of The Honeymooners set in the Stone Age. The characters in Top Cat were also based on those of a popular live-action sitcom (and in at least one case were voiced by the same actor). What was that show?
2. Why does Charlie the Tuna wear a beret?
3. What program featured the Nairobi Trio performing to the tune of Robert Maxwell's "Solfeggio?"
4. The "Here come the Judge" routines performed on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In are a tribute to which legendary comic?
5. The character of Foghorn Leghorn in Warner Brothers' cartoons are a parody of what character in what popular radio show? (This question predates me, actually, but what the hell.)