Monday, March 31, 2008

Got Rich?


So if you've got some spare millions lying around, and you want to purchase something solid and real-estate-y to keep your dollars from shrinking evermore, or if you've got lots of euros or yen and want to get into real estate bargains in the States, where your foreign currency will buy more every day, then here's the deal for you.
This is Kathy's mother's house in Sag Harbor, N.Y., now for sale. This is a large, spectacular one-of-a-kind Victorian gingerbread house, lovingly maintained. It's on Main Street, it's near all Sag Harbor's trendy attractions, and it's zoned commercial so you can put a business in it.
It's lovely. If we could afford it, we'd live in it ourselves.
Click the link for a view of the gorgeous interiors.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger tcastleb said...

Gorgeous house.

And -cough- what are you doing blogging? Don't you have a book to finish? 'Cause in, um, five and a half hours you're going to owe me a drink at WorldCon if it ain't done. :>p

6:30 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I think I owe you a drink because it =is= done.

I was betting against myself, right?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Foxessa said...

All these rooms are light catchers. Beautiful.

Love, C.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Thai said...

Nice place

So you finished the book? Congratulations!

Now maybe I should actually read one of your books sometime (never have). Which would you recommend first?

3:02 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

thai, that sort of depends on what kinds of books you like to read.

Implied Spaces is Big Idea SF, with lots of adventure. Plus zombies.

Voice of the Whirlwind is, if I do say so myself, an intricately-plotted SF thriller.

Hardwired is, I guess, Big Screen Cinematic Mean Streets SF. ("Mean streets SF" was the tag I was thinking of as I wrote it, as I hadn't heard the term "cyberpunk" as yet.)

The Praxis and its sequels are neo-classical space opera. Character-based. Many explosions. I don't consider them "military SF," but rather SF about people who happen to be in the military. If you see the distinction, which I don't always do.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Thai said...

I don't read a lot of Sci Fi... having said that I loved the Revelation Space series. Does that help?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home