Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Embarassment of Riches

Okay, so I may have titled this "An Embarrassment of Riches," but I'd like to state right off the bat that I'm not embarrassed at all!

Orbit has offered on two new books! One will be a sequel to This Is Not a Game, and the other, while possibly not a direct sequel, will be a thematic sequel. So it looks as if I will be writing near-future, high-tech thrillers for a while.

I have also sold TINAG and the Praxis books in Germany, for Euros that are much reduced in value from their standing a few months ago.

Maybe I'll have to go to Europe to spend them.

It is good to know that I will have employment during the next two years during which millions will lose their jobs and the economy will be wandering in the wilderness.

I only hope that readers will be able to afford to buy the books.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger aprice2704 said...

Congrats WJ! Richly deserved.

Andy

10:55 PM  
Blogger Tobias Buckell said...

Yay, more WJW books :-)

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and happy writing!

7:49 AM  
Blogger kat said...

Hooray! More WJW to read! I heartily approve. :)

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, but I hope you'll write plenty of short stories in other sub genres. Phil

1:20 PM  
Blogger Paul Weimer said...

Huzzah!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yay! That is awesome news. Happy holidays. :)

4:42 AM  
Blogger Ian McDowell said...

Very cool, Walter, and congratulations.

10:51 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

Good to hear from you all, and from Toby Buckell in particularly.

Toby's having a really wretched holiday weekend, so please drop by his blog and cheer him up.

http://www.tobiasbuckell.com/2008/11/27/repeat/

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is excellent news indeed. I will polish up my reading glasses and keep them at the ready. Congratulations.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home