Saturday, December 20, 2008

This Is Not a Game





So here are the US and UK covers for This Is Not a Game.
The virtue of both is that you can see them from across the room.
The original US cover--- which you can still see at Amazon--- started out very much like the UK one, except with chartreuse instead of silver being the background color. I managed to get the bilious green cover changed to bright yellow, but distributors hated it, so a redesign was in order. Over in the UK, Orbit changed the chartreuse to silver, and pretty much retained the rest.
What d'you think?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good - US cover grabs me, which is fortunate since I'm in its intended demographic.

Pity it's not out yet - I was looking for another book this morning to take on a trip tomorrow.

cheers, erich martell

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great, both eye-catching, especially the U.S. one. Only wish it was coming out sooner! When is the release - March?

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the UK best, makes you think about the title, but both are good. Good overall and good typography. We may get both in stores here in Sweden, if so I'll chose the US, because I don't want any spelling to be changed from the original.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Dave Bishop said...

Dear Urban,

How dare you sir! Don't you know that we have reely propper spelling hear in the UK?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Thai said...

I like the top one more than the bottom one

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like, "You don't get a second life."

5:49 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

The spelling in both editions will be identical, since both will be printed from the US proofs. So Urban can (1) buy the edition that has the prettiest cover, or (2) buy the cheapest. I am happy to report that I get royalties either way.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect the aggressive yellow is to inspire one to open the book as quickly as possible and start reading.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home