Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Glory Keeps On Accruin'



I've returned from my trip out of town to discover that even more praise for my book has been distributed throughout the web! (Such good taste you people have!)
Over at BookGeeks, Sam opines: "But this is an important book - perhaps the point at which ARGs become mainstream . . . "
Fantasy Book Critic sez: “This Is Not A Game” is the first Walter Jon Williams novel that I’ve read, and it lives up to all of the hype and praise surrounding the author. Masterfully written and executed, scarily relevant, and massively entertaining, “This Is Not A Game” is a gem of a novel and should be on everyone’s reading list…"
Buy copies for yourselves! And then for all your friends!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I'm about halfway through and loving it so far.I'm reading the Kindle version on my iphone, so that helps the "five minutes into the future" feeling. Congrats on all the great reviews.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. You have hype. Cool.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ralf the Dog said...

Fantastic book. It reminded me quite a bit of William Gibson's work only with more focus on characters and plot and less on technology and culture.

One element upset me quite a bit. Several parts of TINAG were quite similar to my current project. Time for me to do some rewriting. Just as an act of revenge, I am putting in a scene where the main character is stuck in a hotel dead center of a city that is burning. I think I might also put in a scene where a science fiction writer gets stopped by airport security because he tries to take a scuba take as carry on luggage.

I can't wait for This is Not a Sequel!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Ralf the Dog said...

That was scuba tank not scuba take. You tend to make stupid errors when you spend half the day pounding out code, half the day writing and half the day reading. It is like drinking a bottle or two of wine only without the fun.

Speaking of wine, I am taking the day off tomorrow and I have an Estancia
cab that I think I might put a dent into.

10:40 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I never tried to wrangle a scuba tank through airport security, but I did get stopped once for carrying a regulator through.

The first- and second-stage regulators are the most expensive part of scuba gear, so I didn't want to check them, and I got a special case to carry them in.

They looked pretty weird on x-ray, I'd guess. Hoses and coils and weird mechanisms. Can't blame them for wanting to take a look.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you're getting so much good press!! Well-deserved. I am a little behind, I'm afraid - halfway through Implied Spaces and compelled to leave a "you rock!" message here. I promise to order TINaG promptly.

Just a fan. :)

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home