Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Portrait of the Youngster as an Artist


I was looking through some old photos the other day and found this picture of me, circa 1984. Looking at the image, I recognized the Student Union building at Texas A&M before I noticed the AggieCon badge on my lapel.
I was smack in the middle of writing Hardwired when this photo was taken.
The picture was taken by Leigh Kennedy and developed and printed in an improvised darkroom in her bathroom.
This may be the only picture of me from the period: I was usually the one behind the lens.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Oz said...

My heart goes pitter-pat. You look very artistic. Not to mention starving.

Lessee, 1984 would be...OMAHA! I wasn't passing through Nebraska, I was living there. And I was an officer's wife. Aieeee!

Oz

4:27 AM  
Blogger Ralf the Dog said...

1984... Texas A&M Student Union building... AggieCon... Dude! you are the guy who jacked my parking space! I am still pissed!

3:14 PM  
Blogger qtera said...

I love this photo!

5:30 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

Oz, my sympathies re Omaha.

Ralf, don't blame me for taking your parking space. I didn't have a car.

Blame Howard Waldrop. I think I was driving with him in Chad Oliver's beat-up old Barracuda. ("Beat-up" and "old" being the only kind of cars that Howard drives.)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home