Sunday, September 13, 2009


Lovely dinner party Saturday night, with seven people. We had linguini with Kathy's freshly-made pesto; caprici salad with basil, fresh mozzarella, and heirloom tomatoes from the farmers' market; and roast chicken coated with rosemary, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, with a red wine reduction sauce.
Dessert was Nadine's pound cake, with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit.
Now that it's Sunday, I've been taking it easy and lolling about. Maybe I'm still digesting last night's dinner.
I've even been reading. When do I find time for that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You also shot up some zombies.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

Here's my culinary discovery of the weekend: Eggplant absorbs smoke the way it absorbs everything else. So, to make (for instance) a potently smoky gnocchi sauce, slice a globe eggplant and grill-roast the slices in the Weber over smoking chips. Make the fire hot enough to brown the eggplant but slow enough to let the smoke work. I was out of charcoal so I used briquettes; total cooking time probably about 12–15 minutes.

2:29 PM  
Blogger dubjay said...

No zombies were harmed in the making of this dinner.

What happened after the guests went home is between me and the zombies.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home