Sunday, January 31, 2010

. . . and Other Stories

I'm pleased to report that I've signed contracts for The Green Leopard Plague and Other Stories, to be published by Night Shade in April 2010.

Yes!!! You have only a few weeks to wait!!! Night Shade moves fast!

(Actually the book has been in production for a while now. The actual contract was somewhat delayed, though.)

This valuable volume was edited by Jonathan Strahan, and contents are as follows:

1. Brilliant Introduction, by Charles Stross
2. Daddy's World
3. Lethe
4. The Last Ride of German Freddie
5. Millennium Party
6. The Green Leopard Plague
7. The Tang Dynasty Underwater Pyramid
8. Incarnation Day
9. Send Them Flowers
10. Pinocchio


This is a very nice selection of my short fiction from the last ten years or so, including two Nebula winners, a Sidewise Award winner, and stories which, while nominated for Nebulas and Hugos, inexplicably failed to win.

The collection also features brief afterwards to the stories in which I explain their genesis in, I hope, an amusing fashion.

I invite you to purchase said collection at the earliest opportunity. It will only make your day a better one.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Is the relevant section actually going to be titled "Brilliant Introduction"?

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Lawrence M. Schoen said...

At last!

And there was much rejoicing.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Saladin said...

Very cool. I just reread "The Last Ride of German Freddie." It's a stunner!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Urban said...

@Dan: The contents listed at Night Shade is one word shorter.
http://nightshadebooks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=157

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca S. said...

I'm readying a spot on my shelves.

9:40 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

Dan & Urban--- Ain't I allowed to editorialize in my own dang book?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ken Thomas said...

This is good news. Frankensteins and Foreign Devils is, without sounding like too much of a fanboy, the best short story collection I've ever read. I'll look forward to reading this one.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Charlie Stross said...

I don't know about the introduction, but the book itself really is brilliant, and I urge you all to buy at least six copies.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home