Friday, June 04, 2010

What? Friday Already?

Friday already?

It has been a very busy week. The next weeks are likely to be busier.

For the last few days I've been busy with so many things.

  • The runup to Taos Toolbox, the master class in writing that I'll be running for the next two weeks.
  • The quarterly organizational meeting at the karate school, usually lasting much of the day (I had to bail early).
  • Requalifying for my black belt, later today.
  • Preparing a proposal for a Sekrit Projekt, about which I may be able to tell you later.
  • Writing the novel, which of course I must do no matter how many other activities beset me.
  • Trying to find a place to stay in Seattle for the Science Fiction Hall of Fame ceremony later in the month, where I will be giving a speech at the induction of Roger Zelazny.

All of which means that I may be a little scarce around here for a while, and the ratio of content vs. silly Youtube videos may drop to an even lower number than it is now.

I hope to return you to your regular programming some time in July.

7 Comments:

Blogger dubjay said...

Felt I did really well on the belt requalification, for whatever that's worth.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Leon said...

So I just finished reading Isle of the Dead, which I somehow was one of the two Zelazny novels I ended up never reading previously, and upon some introspection, I'm curious if you ever showed Zelazny Aristoi and how he felt toward it?

1:20 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I don't know whether Roger read Aristoi or not. I know he liked other of my work.

Authors learn quickly never to ask if their friends have read their books. The answer all too often disappoints.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Mark B. Wise said...

What's involved in requaIifying for your blackbelt? Our schools only require continuous practice for rank and the possibility of promotion.

Seattle accommodations: look into the Gas Light Inn in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. The neighborhood is walkable and it's in striking distance of downtown by bus or foot.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Memerson said...

Mr. Williams, I'd suggest the Mayflower Park in downtown Seattle if your looking for a place to stay. It's attached to the Westlake Center monorail station, which take you directly to Seattle Center & the EMP / SFHF

10:21 AM  
Blogger halojones-fan said...

Shades of Taikoen?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sc-health-0602-botox-20100603-11,0,5579516.story

Study shows link between physical response and empathetic understanding of emotion--and that people treated with Botox injections have reduced empathetic response.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

For Seattle, I have always had good luck with Priceline. I have picked 4 star and gotten the Westin for $89 a night on weekdays and $99 on weekends. It is near Westlake as well, so taking the Monorail is easy.

That deal is not always available, however, but my wife just got the W hotel for $109.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home