Sunday, October 28, 2007

Avast, Ye Mummy!


So here I am at Pat and Scott's Halloween party. The party had an Egyptian theme: the conceit is that I am there for the Battle of the Nile. Sage Walker took the picture.
I used to throw Halloween parties myself--- I was born around the holiday, after all. But then once I got invited to Pat and Scott's party, I gave up. My parties were pale, foolish shades compared to theirs.
They work for months on their parties. I walked into the front room and discovered that it had been transformed into an Egyptian tomb. The walls had been covered with dropcloths and then painted with hieroglyphics and lifelike tomb paintings. The casement clock (seen here in the photo) had been transformed into a mummy case.
Fortunately most of the guests take the party as seriously as Pat and Scott. A truly stunning array of costumes greeted the guests. I wished I had remembered to bring a camera.
Thank you, Scott! Thank you, Pat! See you next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Jack Aubrey, I presume?

Pat sent me the link, great costume!!!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home