Monday, June 28, 2010

Back from Seattle



So I'm back from Seattle, having had a wonderful time with any number of old friends. And having finally met Ursula K. Leguin, and actually been on a panel with her, as opposed to just looking at her from across the room as she's mobbed by admirers, which I gather happens to her more or less all the time.


The first place we stopped was the Museum of Flight, which is right next to Boeing Field. In this photo I am actually in the cockpit of an SR-71 Blackbird, preparing to take off for . . . well, not much of anywhere. But I was ready. If my nation called, I was so totally there.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger halojones-fan said...

Ah, the SR-71. One of the most beautifully useless piece of hardware ever built. It did less than the U-2 for three times the price, but it certainly did do it beautifully. And, if nothing else, the development of titanium-fabrication technology has paid for itself many times over.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Charlie Stross said...

Ahem:

See also: http://www.antipope.org/charlie/gifs/cs-sr71.JPG

:)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home