Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Flu, Taxes, Reviews

Pardon my intermittent appearances here: I've been attempting to fight off a virus (and losing), while trying to get my taxes in sufficient order that my accountant can make sense of them. Both tasks being pretty dreary, as I'm sure you know.

Another lovely review from Scifi.com has crossed my path.

And I've just now heard from Night Shade that the book has not actually shipped yet, which explains why no one's seen it. "Shortly," I am told.

Have patience, everyone. You should have a lovely reading experience coming soon, and in the meantime you can buckle down and fill out those tax returns.

7 Comments:

Blogger Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Tax returns have been in for weeks and weeks and week. And I've got this refund money just waiting for buy the book. And now you say it ain't out...

:(

Oh well. There's always that Glen Cook fella.

;)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Liviu said...

Thank you for the update about Implied Spaces. I was a bit worried when Amazon changed it to available in 1-2 months from preorder, but a little waiting is no big deal.

Liviu

11:23 AM  
Blogger tcastleb said...

psssst. http://blog.ucsd.edu/clarion/2008/04/13/jim-hopper-reviews-walter-jon-williams-latest/

7:59 PM  
Blogger Thras said...

I've ordered my copy. Would have loved an electronic version instead of dead-tree...

10:16 AM  
Blogger S.M. Stirling said...

It turns out that I actually owe no taxes this year. The government is giving me money back.

I have a _good_ accountant.

OTOH, there's next year... 8-).

10:38 AM  
Blogger dubjay said...

I turned out to owe less than I'd figured on--- like about a third of what I'd once suspected I'd have to pay.

So this is good news! Maybe I'll buy something nifty for myself!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you did buy yourself something nifty -- a new car.

KFH

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home