Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Useless Day

I can generally count on having one Useless Day each week. This week it was yesterday, Tuesday.

On Useless Day I can't seem to get anything accomplished. I try to work, but nothing happens, or at any rate nothing good. My brain doesn't seem to function very well. When I try to accomplish anything outside work, I generally fumble it, or I get stuck on hold forever, or I forget something crucial and have to start over.

The problem with Useless Day is that I never know when it's going to fall. I generally don't realize that it's Useless Day until it's nearly over, and I look at my word total and see that it sucks, or that everything I've written needs to be thrown out and written over.

If I only knew when Useless Day was going to happen, I'd spend the day playing computer games, or I'd go to the movies. But I never know in advance. I'm too useless on Useless Day to know that I'm useless.

Does this happen to the rest of you, or is it just me?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol remember biorhythms? I swear I have months like that

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have days like that. I call them weekdays.

Hahahaha. I kill me.

*wipes away tear*

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have entire useless WEEKS. I beat myself up over them. But in the long run, everything seems to work out okay. So I try really hard not to beat myself up.

I'm not always successful.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Cummings said...

For some reason, that only ever seems to happen to me Monday through Friday during the day. Hmmm. Wonder what could be causing that?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home